2015 TechWomen Application Now Open!
Spread the Word:
2015 TechWomen Application Now Open!
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
· Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math)
· Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
· Be proficient in written and spoken English
· Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
· Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa
· Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
· Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who
· Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities, and education
· Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls
· Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
· Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities
· Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation
· Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
Women committed to addressing concerns of global climate change and environmental issues are particularly encouraged to apply.
Semifinalists will be contacted via email for in-country interviews in April and May 2015. Final decisions will be made in May 2015. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
Recommendation Letters (Semifinalists Only)
Semifinalists who are invited to interview at the U.S. Embassy will be required to provide two letters of recommendation. Applicants are encouraged to identify their recommenders ahead of time in order to be prepared in the event that they are selected as semifinalists. Letters must
· Be from an academic or professional reference, such as a former professor or employer/supervisor (At least one of the two letters must be from a professional reference such as a former or current employer/supervisor.)
· Be on company/organization letterhead
· Be signed by the recommender
Recommendation letters will be accepted from SEMIFINALISTS ONLY. Instructions for submission will be sent to semifinalists upon notification.
Online application is available at : https://app.techwomen.org/application/
· Think Steve Jobs: 10 Emerging Tech Women In The Middle East You Should Know About – International Business Times
Grant Assistant / Alumni Coordinator
U.S. Embassy/Public Diplomacy Section
109 A, I.Somoni Ave., Dushanbe, Tajikistan
tel: (992-372) 29 23 14
cell phone (98)580 70 67
Posted on 07/01/2015, in Announcement, Журналистам, Инновации, Интернет, Конкурсы, Молодежное предпринимательство, Молодежь, Мотивация, Новости, Объявления, Полезное для НПО. Bookmark the permalink. Оставить комментарий.